What we are looking for
You are an ambitious Junior Developer ready for your first or next step up into a fully integrated digital and development agency. You’ve got a Bachelors or Masters degree under your belt and now want to master your own skills to work with high profile clients on interesting and engaging projects.
You have knowledge of at least one structured programming language and are always keen to tackle new technologies and object/component methodologies. You may have already worked with Enterprise or CMS platforms and you may be just as comfortable in HTML as you are XML or writing SQL statements. If you’re also passionate about the .NET framework we’d really like to meet you.
You’ve worked with repositories and understand being part of a development team means your own attention to detail is key - your coding is error free, lean, smart and impeccably clean to our high, exacting technical standards.
We believe in creating opportunities for personal development and we’ll offer training in EPIServer, Umbraco and DevOps to support you in your role as you grow in experience.
You’ll join an established and very experienced development team and will be an integral part of our software delivery service, which will include the support and management of Merchant’s help desk.
You’ll therefore be at totally at ease talking to clients directly and enjoy troubleshooting and resolving support requests. You’ll ensure that you delight and impress our clients every day; supporting our Account Management team.
We think you will be this Junior Developer:
You will have:
- Degree/Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 1 -2 years’ experience of working in a similar role
- Knowledge of database access methods, object and component methodology, classes, components, objects and interfaces
- Experience working in software projects full lifecycle from development to production
- Experience in upgrading, configuring and debugging existing systems
- Proficiency in designing, coding and testing of technical solutions
- Knowledge of industry trends and developments, including digital marketing and technical innovation
- Experience of helpdesk would be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent troubleshooting and communications skills
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- Interest in DevOps
What we can offer you:
A happy and determined team of expert people, working from lovely offices in Southampton, with beautiful open plan work space, overlooking the River Itchen and with views of nature, boats, rowers, ships and an ever changing vista. We are still in the centre of the city and all that it offers, but with the benefit of free parking!
If this position sounds like the right role for you, please get in contact or drop us an email...
or apply via email at: email@example.com